Last weekend I went with my friends down to Zion National Park to do some hiking. We went to do the Zion Narrows, which is a 17 mile hike through the narrow canyons cut out by the the Virgin River and its tributaries. Almost the entire hike is spent wading through water filled with slippery rocks and lots and lots of sand. This is one of my favorite hikes as it is the third time I have done it. Walking down the middle of a canyon that is only 6-8 feet wide at some places with 1000 foot tall rock walls on both sides is truly awe-inspiring. I recommend this hike to anyone that has not done it before. Here are some pictures from the weekend with the guys.

The day before the narrows we went and hiked Angels Landing.
Here is myself and Jamin, I told him not to touch me, but he just
couldn't keep his hands of me.

This is Angels Landing. You have to walk along that narrow strip,
with 1000 foot drops on both sides, hanging on to chains to keep
you from falling to your death. Also an awesome hike.

Here we are just entering part of the narrows.
It's a long way up.

Here we are at the waterfall. We had Miles
convinced that he had to jump down, but we really just
had to go around.

This is the Grotto, a natural spring coming out of the rocks.

Here I am trying to climb over the rocks.
I only slipped and fell in once this time.

The six of us.
2 comments:
Lookin' good boys! Thanks for feeding them well Dallin! :) Scott had a blast!
We're proud of you guys. Good job. Glad you got home safely.
Post a Comment