9.01.2008

I Like To Vacation


Betsy and I just arrived home from a quick Labor Day weekend trip with my parents to Colorado. We went to go visit a National Park that we had never been to before. I was able to put three new stamps into my National Parks Passport: Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Curecanti National Recreation area, and Colorado National Monument. I am now up to 12 stamps in my passport! Nowhere near the two hundred some odd that my father has, but it's a good start, and I have many years to play catch up.

As is Bagley tradition, we stop to take pictures at every sign.


We did however, take some pictures of the scenery. This is an amazing view of the Black Canyon. It was really more than I was expecting.


At the bottom of the canyon, we found a 33 ton boulder that came crashing down last April in a land slide. You can see the cracks in the pavement. They still aren't letting people drive on that part of the road.

So by the end of this, you can tell who had the camera most of the time. But we had to give everyone one last good look of Dallin's beard. That's three weeks not shaving, and it's driving him nuts, so it is gone as of this morning.

1 comment:

anya said...

Nice beard Dallin! Will you be sporting that look at the Narrow's in a few weeks?