12.23.2008

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For. . .

After months of evenings spent in my parent's basement, a few trips to pick up more wood, and a few more trips to Home Depot to get the paint just the right color, our baby's crib is finally finished! Dallin and my dad spent many hours getting this just right, and the hard work really paid off. I just can't wait for this little kid to get here to try it out!


Here's a "work in progress" picture. I wish I would have taken more of Dallin actually working on the crib, but I didn't think of it at the time. Thank goodness my dad did. And anyone who knows Dallin well, will realize how serious he is about his work because he's wearing jeans. That never happens.

Another "work in progress" piece. This just shows the crib a little better -- and helps to explain why Dallin had a sore back for the past three months.

We (I should say he) just finished setting it up in the baby's room. ("BFD" stands for "Bagley Fire Department." But that's another story.)

Another angle to show you the nice handy work that actually went into this. I'm so excited for my blue crib!

A special thanks to my dad for all his help!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks great you guys. Now it's time to get that little one here. She has a place to sleep.

Susan said...

It's beautiful.It will be a cozy place to sleep. It is an accomplishment to be proud of. I can hardly wait to see if filled.
Love Grandma Bagley

sbagley said...

WOW!!! The crib turned out amazing. It truly brings a tear to my eye to think that the crib your babies will be sleeping in was made by there dad and grandpa and all of their love. You guys are amazing!!! We can't wait to meet your beautiful baby girl.

Lauren said...

Yay! The crib looks so good! What an awesome idea. I love the color too. Good job Dallin and Betsy's Dad! We're excited for you guys!

Lauren said...

That is the cutest crib! I love that Dallin and your dad made it, too. It will be an awesome keepsake. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well!

anya said...

Ooohhhh love the crib! It looks straight from Pottery Barn! Cute!