Betsy and I just returned from a five day trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Once again our vacation time revolves around my need to get stamps in my National Parks Passport. It's a good thing Betsy enjoys going to these places also. We had a wonderful time and would like to show all two people who read our blog some pictures.
You can't go to Yellowstone without seeing andsmelling those wonderful bogs of eternal stench.
The smell was particularly bad for Betsy.
Betsy made me stand in the steam for this one.I was already way too hot. Oh the
things I do for my wife.
A view of steam rising near the Grand Canyonof the Yellowstone.
The lower terrace of Mammoth Hot Springs.We were too tired to walk to the upper terrace.
(It was hot.)
We woke up at five thirty to go to Old Faithful and wereable to see Yellowstone Lake looking its best.
However, Betsy would not get out of the car thatearly just to take pictures of the lake.
(Yes, she is actually sleeping through it.)
Here is Betsy and I with Lower Falls in thebackground. Don't we look good together.
We did make a stop in Grand Teton National Park.Here is the Grand Teton itself. Awesome.
And last but not least here is Betsy making one ofher many bathroom breaks on our vacation. It still amazes
me how many times a pregnant woman goes to the bathroom.
For those of you who actually made it the end of this, yes, Betsy and I are expecting our first child. The little infant, who while in Betsy's tummy we have named Abacus, is due on January 6, 2009. We are both very excited. Betsy is doing as well as can be expected, and as far as we know the baby is doing well also.
7 comments:
Holy crap! I'm so excited for you two. Betsy, Sleep on your belly as much as possible because it is really depressing when you can't anymore and Drink lots of water!! I hope that you are feeling good and aren't too sick.
How far along are you?Congratulations!
I just clicked on LIndsey's link to see what was up with you lately--and surprise, what a great time to look. congratulations. You will be a great mom--I bet your mom is excited. I'll ask her Sunday. Tracy
Congratulations you crazy kids. See more than two people read you blog. I'm already the third to comment! Although I almost gave up on your blog when you didn't update it for...how long. Just kidding. Hope you guys are doing well.
So I have another comment. Did you take your pict of the Tetons at Jenny Lake, because I think you may have taken a picture of Teewinot instead of the Grand. Looks like you have to go back, take us with you this time. I want to go too.
i am so excited to be an aunt again!i need to make it back to yellowstone before i leave again. it looks like a great trip!
Really...more than 2 people do read your blog. Thought I would comment so you knew lots of poeple read it!
Congratulations, Betsy!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you're not feeling too sick and everything is going well! Good luck!
Post a Comment