4.20.2008

"It's a hell of a place to lose a cow"

These are the immortal words of Mr. Ebenezer Bryce himself. I laughed out loud when I read that. Betsy and I just arrived home from a great weekend in Bryce Canyon National Park. Betsy had never been to Bryce before, and I have not been since I started my National Parks Passport. We, of course, went to get it stamped as soon as we were in the park. The weather was perfect. The skies were blue, the snow was white, and the rocks were red. Here are some pictures of our little jaunt.

The Ronald in me couldn't resist the picture of the entrance sign.
Therefore, this picture is dedicated to my father.


Here is Betsy in the Queen's Garden.
I changed the name to Betsy's Garden.
Betsy didn't like that.


Mossy Cave. There was more ice then moss.


Me waiting for inspiration at Inspiration Point.
No inspiration ever came.


Me hiking in 2 feet of snow in shorts and a t-shirt.
And yes, I was still hot.


A view of the whole valley from Bryce Point.


We like clichés. This is sunrise from Sunrise Point.
Yes, we did wake up that early.

No comments: