8.31.2011

Ode to Vermont


Our last box is officially unpacked. We're moving on. I will always love the time we had in Vermont, but it's time to get it out of my system. So this post is a sort of purge.

A few of the things I loved about Vermont!

1. Family

Sam and Lizzy. These two were the best of friends.
We miss our cousins.

And our nephews.

Lizzy and Beth loved to match.

2. Friends

Not a good picture of anyone, but we had some awesome friends in Vermont. (They could almost be put up into the #1 section with family.) Oh, how we miss our friends!

Lizzy sledding with her friends Ana and Ethan.

3. Lake Champlain


4. Picking
(Fruit, not noses.)

Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples.



5. Fall

There's a reason Vermont is famous for its autumns.

6. The Scenery

Dandelions are not just a weed in Vermont.

And I loved all the different kinds of fungus.
Weird, I know. But I could do a separate post about all the cool fungus. Maybe I will. . .

Hay fields. Lots and lots of hay fields.

7. The Library

I loved the Essex Free Library. It used to be an old church. It's small, and quaint, and charming. And within two visits, the librarians knew our names.

8. Ben and Jerry's

No comment needed.

9. Shelburne Farms

It was beautiful -- and they let you pick up the chickens!

10. Puddles

Last, but not least, we'll miss all the puddle jumping.
Lots of rain brings lots of puddles. Lizzy will miss them.

We miss you Vermont (and everyone there)!

2 comments:

Erin L said...

Vermont misses you too!!! Or at least the people in it. Jack drew a picture for Lizzy the other day. email or facebook message me your address so we can send it to her.

Sara K. said...

We miss you guys so much! Harry and I will randomly comment "I miss the Bagleys." It happens pretty frequently. Vermont feels you absence.